2/13/12

My Gratitude List


“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad.”

- Oscar Hammerstein II, film Sound of Music

--------------------------------------------------------------
- my dear Angels who look after me day and night
- my wise teachers
- my mom’s kadi chawal, mukki di roti & saag & rasgulle
- my dad’s philosophical direction
- Steel City's Rivers
- cheese, lots of cheese
- late afternoons drowned in chai and pakode
- the Spanish guitar
- music
- Lord Nataraja’s blessings
- my friends’ practical advice
- boisterous laughter
- humorous musings
- the Tarot
- the sound of church bells at 6pm
- Oprah!
- spinach ricotta pizza!
- lounging in lavender baths

- feelings of inspiration and hope permeating every cell of your body
- driving aimlessly through the hills of Pittsburgh
- big red daisies
- rich pink roses
- Ricola cherry cough drops
- mauve lipstick
- Panera lunches
- Femme Individuelle perfume
- the sensual side of life
- French films
- Elephants who nurture you from afar
- velour jumpsuits
- playing Uno with little kids
- the month of May
- the freedom to live

- walnuts
- getting drenched in spring rains
- catching fireflies in glass jars
- beach vacations
- gazing at stars 
- men's cologne stuck in your nostrils
- royal colors
- massages
- long walks through the streets of Shadyside & Squirrel Hill
- big sindur bindis
- flamenco heels

- papdi chaat!
- big silver hoops
- cafe au laits
- fireplaces burning in the midst of frigid winters
- dance studios

- yellow sapphires
- ladybugs crawling on carpets
- the ability to forget about the story of your life

- teapots
- socks
- contacts and napkins
- dishwashers
- cotton in your ears (for when the tenants make certain kinds of noises in the apartment upstairs)
- dirt
- sand
- whipped butter on your methi pronthee :)

- peaceful compromises
- balanced heartbeats
- spring water
- Chopin's Trois Nocturnes Op.9 N0.1 composition
- my bruised but lovely Honda – she’s strong I tell you 
- three layer hummus and tabouleh topped on asiago peppercorn bread

- Aveda lotion with tourmaline
- laptops
- good haircuts
- my butt - it took me a while to be grateful for this
- summer dresses
- nachos

Voila :)